Goa Sunset

Goa Sunset
Goan Sunset

Tuesday 22 June 2010

Hair Fall

About six weeks into my stay I noticed that my hair was falling out when I washed and brushed it. I'm not talking about the odd hair, but the plug in the shower was constantly blocked with hair and my hairbrush was full. I'd not really paid much attention to the glossy advertisements by well known Western cosmetic firms on TV for the many "hair fall" products advertised by Bollywood stars, but now I started paying attention. Eight weeks into my stay I was soon pulling complete curls out of my hair when I washed it, and I was in tears. Thankfully I have very thick hair, so I knew I wouldn't be bald when I flew home in three months time. So I rang Neomis hairdressers in Calangute and booked an appointment, they recommended a head massage and a L'Oreal hairfall product. The head massage was done by a guy, and that experience was the only time I let an Indian man touch me in five months! However, it didn't stop the hair fall, so I spoke to my Indian friends who told me they had the same problem which they think is related to the water quality and the heat, they recommended I oil my hair. I found a very good Himalaya shampoo and hair oil and every night I oiled my hair, and sometimes left it for 2 days (I admit it). The heat makes your scalp sweat alot and the water quality isn't good, whether this affects the hair roots I don't know. The sun and water quality also made my hair tangle more, so brushing my hair trying to detangle didn't help. The hair wasn't snapping, it was coming out at the roots. So I resorted to oiling my hair and washing it very carefully without scrunching or pulling it too hard, it always dried naturally. Sadly my hair fall didn't stop and even a week after returning home my hair is still falling out, but not as much. I have regrowth coming through, whole curls have fallen out and are returning, my hair was all one length and I hope it will be again. I've been told to take multi-vitamins and eat nuts and vegetables and will see what happens.

http://store.himalayahealthcare.com/haircare/hair-care.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment