Goa Sunset

Goa Sunset
Goan Sunset

Tuesday 22 June 2010

How it began ...

In 2009 I was living in London, working in a stressful career in the City and treading water. After 22 years of working with not much to show for it, I decided that life had to be for living and quit everything: job, career, apartment and returned home to destress. Myself and a friend (who was in similar circumstances) decided that we would fulfil a desire to return to Goa, a place I had visited 3 times in 4 years, possibly volunteer at a charity and spend 4-5 months living and chilling in Goa. However, at the last minute my friend decided he was unable to travel, so at the start of January 2010 I booked my ticket - with slight trepidation - bought an up-to-date Lonely Planet, drafted a sketchy itinerary, booked a guest house and on 27 January I landed in Goa.

2 comments: